In this introductory class, you will discover:
1. What it takes to start a business and be a successful entrepreneur.
2. How to evaluate your business idea, determine marketability and profitability (also known as the Business Model Canvas).
3. How to transform your business idea into an actionable business plan.
4. Local resources available to assist you on your entrepreneurial journey.
5. An opportunity to network with other attendees.
Instructors: Ivona Piper & Chris Exton
SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. SCORE is supported by the US Small Business Administration (SBA), has a national network of over 10,000 volunteers and a vibrant local chapter.
Multi-channel marketing executive with 30 years of experience in technology and analytics driven marketing, in both B2B and B2C corporate environments. Led the development of business foundations for Customer Relationship Management (CRM), data mining, customer analytics, and automated marketing for major retailers and clinical research companies such as Staples, Quintiles, and Limited Inc. Frequent speaker at conferences (DMA, NCDM, IIR, Adobe, SAS) on analytics in retail industry, and guest lecturer (Babson, Penn) on customer information management in marketing . Graduate of University of Pennsylvania and Wharton School. Fluent in English, Polish (native) and proficient in Russian.
Counselor and mentor with experience in R&D, operations, manufacturing, project and business planning, finance, sales, marketing and supply chain management primarily in the specialty chemical and agricultural chemical industries around the world. Held senior management positions in both large and small companies while living and working in the US and Europe. Helped numerous start-ups in Europe and the USBS-Chem. Eng. Tufts Univ., M.S. in Management RPI.